Moist and tender chicken braised in tasty curry coconut gravy in a slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Thai Basil Chicken Curry
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon coconut/palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (or bird eye chili)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- Place the chicken, coconut milk, curry powder, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and ginger into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 3 hours, before shredding the chicken and mixing in the cilantro and basil.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!